Seeking to introduce people to Jesus through our regular worship and our bible study groups.
St. Anne's is a warm, friendly, family orientated, busy, growing church for all ages
What's on at St. Anne's
Journey of the Magi is a sparkling production of dance, theatre, song and poetry. It is a family show: accessible to all, fun for the younger ones, thought provoking for the adults – and will encourage those unaccustomed to dance to come along. Tickets now on sale. Click here for tickets.
About St. Anne's
We are a welcoming, all-age Anglican church seeking to worship God and serve our local community. We have a varied programme catering to all ages during the week and on Sunday mornings.
We have a strong focus on providing the best services for weddings, baptisms and funerals as well as a team of people who visit the sick and elderly in our community.
The links with the local Church of England school next door are very important to us and we work hard together to encourage children in the school to grow in their faith. If you would like to find out more about anything that you see here please do contact us or come along to one of our services, we’d love to get to know you!
- 8.00am Holy Communion or Morning Prayer Book of Common Prayer 1st & 3rd Holy Communion – 2nd & 4th Morning Prayer
- 10.30am Communion Service or Praise & Prayer Common Worship Holy Communion 2nd & 4th Sundays and Praise & Prayer 1st and 3rd Sundays
- 4.00pm St Anne’s at 4 (STA@4) relaxed Cafe style worship. Every week except 1st Sunday
- Children’s Church
- 4.00pm IGNITE For Primary age children. Games, fun, worship with a bible story, activity zones and time for reflection – Every week except 1st Sunday
- 4.00pm Messy Church Fun, worship, crafts and a shared meal for all the family – 1st Sunday only £1 per child and £1 for adults joining us for food, all children must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- 6.00pm – 7.00pm Wedding & Baptism Bookings (during term time) Come and meet Rev Dave at St Anne’s to book your special day whether that is going to be at St Anne’s, St Mary’s Cuckney or St Winifred’s Holbeck
- 9.00am Tots and tea Babies and toddler group every Thursday during term time – cake and refreshments for parents, separate areas for babies and toddlers for complete piece of mind, songs, bible story and healthy snack for children
- 7.00pm Youth Group For Y6 and above, socials, bible studies and plenty of food – Every Thursday with Rach our Youth Worker
- 3.00pm – 5.00pm Youth Drop-In For Y5 and above, fun games, crafts, tuck shop and video games
Ensuring that children and young people as well as adults are kept safe whilst in our care is an integral part of our church life. If you have any concerns about safeguarding please contact:
In the Parish: Tracey Pink, Parish Safeguarding Co-ordinator, Tel contact 01909 295387 or Rev Dave Gough, Incumbent, Tel contact 01909 570434
In the Diocese: (Donna Bernard- Carlin, Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, 01636 817200)
Out of Hours for Children & Adults:
Nottinghamshire: 0300 456 4546
Nottingham City Council: 0115 876 1000
Bawtry: 01302 796 000
We give thanks for the presence of the Church all over the world and we pray that we will recognise Christ working in our lives. We thank you for our families and friends, for love we share and the memories we make together. We give thanks for your wonderful creation, and pray for peace and justice throughout the world. We give you thanks and praise for the town of Worksop, for the people we share our lives with; and we lift those struggling with homelessness or poverty into your loving care. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
St Anne's Church, Newcastle Avenue, Worksop, S80 1NJ, Nottinghamshire