Seeking to introduce people to Jesus through our regular worship and our bible study groups.
St. Anne's is a warm, friendly, family orientated, busy, growing church for all ages
What's on at St. Anne's
Come and join us for our traditional service of carols and readings followed by mulled wine and mince pies.
All are very welcome to join us.
Come and join us as we remember the journey of Mary and Joseph to Bethlehem. Everyone is encouraged to come dressed as a character from the story, there will be costumes available at church on the day, we’ll sing carols, join in the story and have lots of fun together. All welcome
Our traditional midnight service including the first communion of Christmas.
All are welcome to join us.
Come and join us on Christmas Day as we celebrate Jesus birthday. Wear a Christmas jumper and bring an unwrapped present to unwrap together in the service.
All are very welcome.
Come and join us this Christmas Eve for our new family and all-age service for our Posada nativity. Everyone welcome, especially the children, to dress as their favourite Christmas character from the nativity. From Shepherd to Magi, from Joseph and Mary to Inn Keeper or Angel, from star to sheep, all are welcome as we retell the Christmas story. Carols, worship and lots of fun for everyone as we remember Jesus the Light of the World.
We’re so excited to be welcoming Doug Horley this December for a very special Christmas Praise Party and Nativity. Well known as a Children’s Christian leader, having written songs such as Wonderful Lord, Great Great Brill Brill and of course, one of our favourites, Be Happy, we can’t wait for him to bring his wonderfully fun Praise Party full with songs, puppets and thousands of bubbles!
Smoke filled bubbles, soaring helium filled bubbles, bubble sculptures, bubbles in bubbles and even children in bubbles! A spectacular praise party that families will absolutely love.
Bookings will soon open with a family ticket for up to two adults and up to three children in the same family at £20 a ticket.
Curious about faith?
Join a series of group conversations that freely explore the basics of the Christian faith in an open, friendly environment.
At each Alpha session, you’ll be hosted in a small group and watch an episode on a different question of faith – then you have a chance to share your thoughts and hear what others think. You can say anything you like, or nothing at all.
Everyone’s welcome. You’re invited, no matter your background or beliefs. It’s free and there’s no pressure to come back.
Great food and time together, watch a video and a chat about what we’ve seen and the questions it throws up. The course runs for 11 weeks. Choose a day and come every week. If you might miss a week join one of the other sessions to stay up to date that week.
3 Sessions to choose from:
Sundays 4.30pm – 6.30pm
Mondays 7.00pm – 9.00pm
Thursdays 12noon – 2.00pm
Also YOUTH ALPHA
Every Thursday evening for Y7+ from 7pm
All courses start w/c 7th January 2024, 8th January 2024 and 11th January 2024
For more information contact Rev Dave on 07858 144733. You can either book in by calling or text or just turn up to the first session.
Join us for our Christingle service where we make a Christingle and share Jesus light to all the world.
About St. Anne's
We are a welcoming, all-age Anglican church seeking to worship God and serve our local community. We have a varied programme catering to all ages during the week and on Sunday mornings.
We have a strong focus on providing the best services for weddings, baptisms and funerals as well as a team of people who visit the sick and elderly in our community.
The links with the local Church of England school next door are very important to us and we work hard together to encourage children in the school to grow in their faith. If you would like to find out more about anything that you see here please do contact us or come along to one of our services, we’d love to get to know you!
- 9.00am StA@9 – Holy Communion Service Taken from Common Worship a traditional service every week followed by refreshment with the whole church family Services streamed live on Facebook & YouTube
- 10.15am StA@10.15ish – Sunday Worship Beginning with refreshments with the whole church family a service for all ages with worship, exploring familiar stories from the bible and lots of interaction for everyone.
- 6.00pm StA@6 Evening Worship Beginning with refreshments a relaxed style worship with contemporary worship songs, exploring God’s word together and waiting on the Holy Spirit.
- Do check our Facebook page for special services taking place
- Wedding & Baptism Preparation
For bookings and enquiries at St Anne’s, St Mary’s and St Winifred’s please call Rev Dave 01909 295387 or 07858 144733
- 2.00pm Wednesday Welcome A group for anyone to come to with refreshments, a good natter and friendship. A very relaxed atmosphere to be together. You would be welcome to bring your knitting, painting or other crafty hobbies to do whilst chatting with the group. Bev our Reader who runs the group will often lead a short time of prayer and praise towards the end of the time together.
- 3.30pm – 4.30pm StA Connect Family worship in the hall at St Anne’s school. All welcome to join this fun worship service with games and crafts, sung worship, and exploring well known bible stories with the whole family. Food is provided for all the family with sandwiches, crisps and a drink. Email Claire Bishop firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 9.00am Tots and tea every Thursday during term time A group for parents and carers to bring their babies and toddlers. We have separate areas for babies and toddlers for complete piece of mind, with songs and a bible story for the children. Email Claire Bishop email@example.com for more information.
- 3.20pm Connect Kidx For year groups Reception to Y3, games and bible stories in the school hall, led by our Family and Children’s Team Leader Claire.
- 5.00pm STA Kidz For year groups Y4-Y6. games and bible stories in the church hall, led by our Family and Childrens Team Leader Claire. Email Claire Bishop firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 6.00pm Youth Choir For year groups Y7 and above in the church, led by our Youth Team Leader Selina -for all abilities. Email Selina Archer email@example.com for more information
- 7.00pm Youth Group For year groups Y6 to Y9, socials and bible studies, with Selina our Youth Team Leader in the church hall upper room. Email Selina Archer firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- 7.00pm Youth Cafe For year groups Y10 and above, a place to come and chat with friends, table games and sweet treats and drink are served (small charge for food and drink – cash or card) – Every Thursday in the church hall. Email Selina Archer email@example.com for more information
- 8.00pm Older Youth Group For year groups Y10 and above, socials and bible studies, with Selina our Youth Team Leader in the church hall upper room. Email Selina Archer firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- 3.30pm – 5.00pm Youth Drop-In term time only For Y5 and above, sports, fun games, crafts, and video games Email email@example.com for more information
As with all charities at this time St Anne’s is struggling with finances. If you are able to walk with us financially at this time then an easy way to give is by using this QR code which you can scan on your mobile phone. Thank you for supporting us in this way. You can also set up regular giving by contacting our treasurer Tracey Pink who will send you a giving form to hand into your bank and a Gift Aid form for you to complete and return. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternative to go to our page online click here.
Ensuring that children and young people as well as adults are kept safe whilst in our care is an integral part of our church life. If you have any concerns about safeguarding please contact:
In the Parish: Natalie Humphrey, Parish Safeguarding Co-ordinator, Tel contact 07966 097840 or Rev Dave Gough, Incumbent, Tel contact 07858 144733
In the Diocese: Please seek advice and guidance from the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor Julian Hodgson at Safeguarding@southwell.anglican.org or telephone 01636 817200.
Out of Hours for Children & Adults:
Nottinghamshire: 0300 456 4546
Nottingham City Council: 0115 876 1000
Bawtry: 01302 796 000
St Anne's Church, Newcastle Avenue, Worksop, S80 1NJ, Nottinghamshire